MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Thanks to our Family, Health, & Well-Being committee and a grant funded by Simply Health Care Foundation, Safe & Sound Hillsborough now offers free Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training in partnership with the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay, Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, Central Florida Behavioral Health Network, Inc. and various community organizations. Instructors are certified through the National Council for Behavioral Health‘s Mental Health First Aid public education program that helps individuals across the community to understand mental illnesses, support timely intervention and save lives.
See training schedule below.
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to appropriate care.
Click a training below and sign up today! If your organization would like to host a training, contact us via the “Schedule a Training” form above or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb. 27 – Hosted by Central Florida Behavioral Health Network’s Richard Brown Conference Center (Registration Full)
- Apr. 25 – Hosted by Beulah Baptist Institutional Church (Closed)
- Mar. 11 – Hosted by University Area Community Development Center (Registration Full)
- May 9 – Hosted by National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc. Tampa Bay Area Chapter (Closed)
- May 16 – Hosted by Beta Kappa Sigma Alumnae Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. & Tampa Metro Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Sorority, Inc. (Closed)
- Jun. 10 – Hosted by Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (Register)
- Jul. 30 – Hosted by Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (Register)
- Aug. 5 – Hosted by Children’s Board of Hillsborough County (Register)