Evening Reporting Center Site Manager
Safe & Sound Hillsborough
$40,000 – $45,000/year + Benefits
Safe & Sound Hillsborough is seeking a Site Manager for the new Hillsborough County Evening Reporting Center (ERC). The site manager will work with youth (males ages 12-18) in their community instead of in a detention or residential treatment facility. This will include primarily pre-trial and (limited) post adjudication youth who may cross-over systems with Health & Human Services. The ERC will provide wraparound services and programs that include, but are not limited to: mental health, medical/physical health, chemical dependency, targeted case management, behavior management, education (tutoring/literacy), family engagement, restorative justice, recreational and pro-social activities, as well as nutrition (meals will be provided).
The site manager reports to the management staff of Safe & Sound Hillsborough and is responsible for the operation and logistics of the ERC and will work with Hillsborough County youth that are in a pre-trial status period. Clients are Hillsborough County male youth, ages 12-18 that are identified as medium/high risk for delinquency, at risk for, or returning from out-of-home placement. The site manager will be expected to be a part of the referral process beginning with a court order directing youth to participate in the ERC program (probation/child protection). Communication with family, school staff, and Hillsborough County agencies is essential. The site manager will also be responsible for organizing educational presentations, group facilitation, arranging transportation, meal planning, data tracking, curriculum coordination, and setting expectations and requirements or youth to successfully complete the program. The site manager will also direct the work of the program assistant and volunteers.
Although the following list is not exhaustive, it covers a wide range of the Site Manager’s responsibilities:
- Ensure the protection of confidential client information.
- Provide mentoring support to youth.
- Participate in the development of individualized service plans for youth.
- Participate in daily activities with youth at the ERC program site.
- Participate and assist with implementing regularly scheduled structured mentoring, enrichment, and/or psycho-educational group activities.
- Regularly review each client’s youth’s progress toward meeting goals outlined in the service plan.
- Model pro-social behaviors for youth.
- Coordinate transportation for youth clients (and families as required) to and from appointments, activities, and daily programming (as needed).
- Develop relationship with families of youth clients and maintain regular dialogue with family members about youth needs, progress in the program, and challenges.
- Collect and record required data for each youth, e.g., academic, mental health, and court records.
- Attend all mandated trainings related to professional skill development.
- Advocate for youth within a variety of settings, including, but not limited to school, juvenile court, medical and mental health agencies and other community-based service providers.
- Advocate for youths’ rights to effective special education services and additional assistance at school and in the community.
- Ability and willingness to work a “non-traditional” work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- MANDATORY: Must be able to pass Level 2 Background Screening
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree or three (3) years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 2-3 years of experience working within nonprofit sector, community outreach or in an administrative capacity.
- Ability to remain flexible and focused at all times including but not limited to deadlines, changes and approvals.
- Possession of valid Florida driver’s license and must have reliable transportation.
- Must not have any traffic related violations within the last 3 years (a DMV check is required).
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with court-involved and/or disconnected and/or out-of-school youth required.
- Deep commitment to supporting and working with underserved youth.
- Flexible, dependable and has an excellent work ethic.
- Ability to engage in physical activities in order to participate in enrichment and recreation activities with youth.
NOTE: Preference given to individuals with current (within 3 years) Florida Department of Juvenile Justice certifications and training.
To apply, please send resume and list of references to email@example.com.
Evening Reporting Center Program Assistant (Part-Time)
Safe & Sound Hillsborough
$13 – $15/hour + Limited Benefits
Safe & Sound Hillsborough’s Evening Reporting Center is a community-based program designed to provide an alternative to detention for youth on probation for technical violations or other delinquent acts. The program provides highly structured and well-supervised individual and group activities during the high-risk time period between the hours of 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM on weekdays.
The ERC Program Assistant is responsible for providing supervision for 10-15 middle/high school age youth that will be referred to the program by the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) and Court Administration.
- Assist the ERC Program Manager in facilitating youth group activities.
- Assist with maintaining accurate daily records.
- Assist with maintaining the order, safety, and cleanliness of the facility/grounds, and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the ERC Program Manager.
- Provide appropriate direction and positively interact with youth during programming activities, which includes but not limited to academic enrichment, character development, life skills, and social/recreational activities.
- May be asked to transport youth from and to their homes.
- Report suspected child abuse/neglect as mandated by law.
High school diploma with at least two years’ experience working with youth/juvenile population. Background check required. Must have own vehicle with proof of full coverage insurance and clean driving record.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.