This meeting will introduce to you a new Safe & Sound Hillsborough (S&SH) initiative called Hillsborough Speaks!
When the Safe and Sound Hillsborough Improving Neighborhoods Committee discussed the needs of engaging the community and law enforcement, they discovered a model program that will:
- Create a safe space for open, honest communication,
- Strengthen interpersonal relationships through the sharing of personal stories and experiences,
- Develop trust and sensitivity to support interaction with one another,
- Increase awareness and understanding of policing practices and
- Strengthen police legitimacy.
Based on initial quantitative and narrative feedback from residents, law enforcement officers, as well as elected and appointed officials like yourself, our Hillsborough Speaks initiative, appears to be a promising practice.
If you have any questions or need additional information, feel free to contact me directly at 813-274-8152 or email Carla.Lewis@tampagov.net. Thank you in advance for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you soon.